Today’s look is based around these gorgeous boyfriend jeans! I have been in the market for some flattering boyfriend jeans for a while now, but have had a lot of trouble finding a pair that fit just right. I had in mind that the perfect pair of boyfriend jeans would be the ones that fit slightly baggy, still have a flattering shape to them and have support in all the right places. These above were seriously meant to be considering the crazy way I came across them. Over the Thanksgiving holiday, my aunt had these pair of brand new boyfriend jeans (tags and all) that she was not happy with for herself. As soon as she showed us these jeans and asked if anyone wanted them, my sister, mom and I jumped up and wanted to try them immediately. My mom tried them first and…too tight. Then, my sister was next and…too small. Lastly, I took my turn (which honestly felt like the shoe fitting of Cinderella by this point) and…PERFECT FIT! Crazy right!? What makes these boyfriend jeans perfect, is the slightly loose fit, flattering shape and the support in all of the right places…everything I was looking for! I know how hard it can be to find the right pair of boyfriend jeans (well lets be real, any pair of jeans) so I listed 5 of my personal tips that I like to use when searching for that perfect pair of denim (particularly boyfriend jeans). I hope these tips help and make jean shopping a little easier!
5 TIPS FOR FINDING YOUR PERFECT PAIR OF BOYFRIEND JEANS
- Try on lots of different sizes: This might seem like a no brainier, but you may be surprised how different boyfriend jeans fit than your normal boot cut or skinny style. Boyfriend jeans tend to fit bigger from the knee down and more true to size from the thigh area up. This said, grab lots of sizes…you never know what size you will like the best.
- The denim wash matters: Trying different shades of boyfriend jeans is actually more important than you might think. Darker denim in my opinion tends to create the illusion of a slimmer look while lighter denim accentuates the legs making them pop! Personally, my favorite type of denim is a darker wash however, these lighter wash jeans really accentuated the length of my legs making me like them more than I would have if they were darker!
- Holes or no holes?: I am normally not one to wear lots of holes in my jeans so these are considered a lot of holes for me! Don’t get me wrong I think holes in jeans are super cute and flattering however, I have always found that on me, minimal holes look best. With these jeans, I actually love how the “holey” style looks on me and will consider trying more like these! I have tried on boyfriend jeans with no holes before and honestly did not find them as flattering as these are. Don’t be afraid to jump out of your comfort zone and try a “holey” or “not so holey” look! It might surprise you!
- Don’t be afraid to roll them: When I first tried these jeans on, I was honestly not impressed with how they looked until I rolled them. Y’all, it seriously made all the difference. Rolling your denim gives a more casual, feminine feel. Give it a try!
- Patience: Patience is key. I have been searching for the right pair of boyfriend jeans for months now and happened to stumble on my favorite pair in the craziest way! Trust me, I know how frustrating it is to try on what seems like 500 pairs of jeans just to tell the dressing room employee that none of them worked and that they have to fold all of those jeans back…lol. Don’t give up, you will find YOUR perfect pair of boyfriend jeans in no time.
Hopefully after these 5 tips, you feel more confident in getting dressed and rushing to the store to grab your 500 pairs of boyfriend jeans to try on! Or you have a better idea of what to look for when shopping for them, so after pair number 2, you have yourself the cutest pair boyfriend jeans that you love!
I would love to know if these tips helped you! Let me know in the comments below!
Lots of Love, Kaitlyn